Illumination Rantings

From: Cheiron <cheiron_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 21:20:04 -0700

Oh, damn. The f---ing babboon's gotten loose at the keyboard again.

"Me thinking hard about all this talk about illumination. Me think it
all boils down to this. Illumination is Chaos. That all that matters. You tell me, Kraloreleans have different kind illumination... trolls have differnent kind of illumination. Me say... not matter. Me say all illumination Mask Of Gbaji. You talk weird, ask me funny riddle... me kill you. You have chaos feature, not Sense as Chaos... so what? Me kill you. You broo, Lunar, tapping sorcerrer God Learner scum, Trickster cultist, Kralor-whatever-thingie, not Sense as Chaos... ME KILL YOU. Bite you. Call on Strength of Storm Bull. Cast mighty spells of Fang-of-Bull. Chop-chop-chop. This my big thought for day. Tired of all talk of illumination. Want beer.

Grishnarl Broobiter
Storm Khan of Skullmound

Hey... what do you know. He's actually somewhat coherent today. I guess it's true what they say... Nothing's impossible if you've got enough monkeys.

"Who you calling monkey? Chop-chop-chop!"

Hey! Put that thing down! I was agreeing with you!

Sorry about that. The point is, I think it's important to remember how the residents of Glorantha look at these things. Maybe you TotRM types can debate Illumination openly in cozy cubicles at Irripi Ontor University ("Give me an "I", Give me an "R", give me another "R"...) but whisper even a hint of such God Learner foulness in the average pub in Sartar and you're asking for it.

Robert