Catching up

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 14:00:52 +0200

Catching up on a weeks digests again <sigh>.

Michael Raaterova:
>I wonder why nobody has yet commented upon it. Was it *that* bad?

No it was good enough. I haven't commented because, good as the stuff is, it has no application in my campaign which is set at the other end of the world and emphasizes quite different things.

Alex:
>> Dragonnewts that have the spiritual
>> hubris to use elemental magic probably become dinosaurs or magisaurs
>> instead of renegades.
>
>My own guess is that they're just Not Good At It.

Brand new theory: the ancestral dragons just might predate the creation of the elements. The dragonewts, being direct descendants of these thus have no understanding of such novelties.

>Has anyone had any Profound Thoughts (on any Hughesian Level) as to why
>the dragonewt rune is the (earthly) hermetic symbol for Air?

Because it looks cool? (not very profound though).

/Nils W