yelmalio and mermen

From: Durupt Jean <durupt_at_cc.ec-lyon.fr>
Date: Thu Mar 20 10:05:53 1997

Hi all,

Alex Fergusson on Yelmalio

I think that Joerg made a speech with an Elmali's point of view.

I think for my part that the sun dome temple in dragon pass was settled before the dragonkill war (it was true in trollpack) by pelorian or dara happan colonist. They even founded another temple in Prax. The war meant that the DP temple was deserted and the praxian one cut from the rest of the world. Later the dragon pass temple was resettled by elmali who switched cults, thanks to praxian believers.
The orlanthi point of view (in KoS) is the creation of a new god, friendlier to the Lunars.
The blow was hard because both cults share many myths. Both are sons of Yelm. Both survived some sort of hill of gold, Elmal guarded Orlanth's stead during the LBQ (maybe even against Zorak Zoran, Inora and Chaos). Both rjoiced at the dawn, Yelmalio because his father and lord was back, Elmal because his lord had succeeded.
All IMO of course.

Does anyone on the digest know how the mermen live?

Cheers
  Jean