Genertelan Writings

From: Frederic Ferro <ferro_at_clipper.ens.fr>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 10:00:53 MET DST

Many members of the list have discussed the use and historic origins of the Runes in the Western, Dara Happan and Theyalan societies but are there "secular" or low-magic runes which could be a kind of international "alphabet", by example in the West ?

It's almost a RQ-rules question, because I've always had a problem with the Read/Write Skill. If there is a common "alphabetic" or "syllabary" runes in one area, we could use one Read&Write Skill which would be averaged with the Speak Loskalmi or Seshnegi and so on to understand or transmit a message in that language. ( After all, my many English written mistakes are due to my low score in Speak English not in Read/Write/Type Latin Alphabet)

Except the Praxian knot-code and the absence of Draconic letters, do we know what kind of writing the people of Genertela use ? The Dara Happan may use hieroglyphs and the Kralorelans ideograms. What would be the Gloranthan equivalent of the Phenician alphabet ? Maybe a God Learner experiment: their analytical mind would decompose the Rune of Communication into phonetic subsets.

The Theyalans could have universal Lhankor Mhy cuneiforms. Issaries could have created a simple syllabary for Tradetalk and Write Tradetalk may be used as a substitute to write any Theyalan languages. The Mostali must have a secret binary code. The Aldryami could use natural signs like roots or patterns of flowers.

Auf Wiederlesen,

Frederic Ferro
ferro_at_clipper.ens.fr
åæøß&äëïöüÿñ