Runes (fwd)

From: Majordomo <major_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 22:55:49 -0400 (EDT)

Forwarded message:
>From postmaster_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu Fri Aug 11 10:43:59 1995
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 15:43:54 +0100 (BST) From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie>
To: owner-glorantha-digest_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu Subject: Runes

 I'm not sure I understand the present attempt to divorce mainstream Malkionism and Runes. The Malkioni are the most scientific and rational people in Glorantha and the Runic system look to me like the kind of qualitative taxonomy that preceeded quantative mathematical methods in most areas of scientific endevour in our own world. Aristotle rather than Newton.

 IMHO the Malkioni see the world in terms of Platos cave. Everything is just an emanation of the Runes which the Invisible God created in the beginning. Like a man looking at shadows on a wall we do not see the real world. However through the study of sorcery we can come to marvel at the true glory of the Demiurges creation!
- ------
Andrew Behan.

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #58