HQ

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 15:50:23 +1000 (EST)

All this talk about Heroquest stimulates the senses I think: Now it seems that the gods were often ambushed, attacked, beaten up on etc. usually without knowing what's going to happen to them. So, a potential hero (small h since the big H are probably above this) really should come upon their heroquests rather than have extensive preparation! After all, did ZZ know Yelmalio was going to attack at the Hill of Gold? OK, the LBQuest *maybe* one where there is a definite preparation, but IMHO there's not many of them.

To prove you are like your god you should react like they did when the 'thing' happened to them. So, a heroquester who spend a lot of time preparing to _enter_ the heroplane is OK; one who spends a lot of time also researching the specific quest should be rewarded less by the god than one who perhaps knows the starting point but little else. After all, [flak jacket on] the god wants worshippers who are as like them as can be (but with free will I assume).

Comments?
Robert McArthur

PS purposely sent to Gloranthan list rather than the RQ Rules, unlike last

   time :-)