East Isle Visionquest

From: Michael Raaterova <cabal_at_algonet.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 16:04:17 +0200

Salvete, omnes!

Just a quick comment to Nils:

>Coming of age

>An youngster is accepted into the world of the adults after Thella,
>the goddess of Dawn has sent a magic dream to her.

I suppose there is some sort of visionquest involved. How is it performed? Druginduced sleep, exhaustion, exstatic dancing or prolonged meditation? Is it a personal ritual or is it supervised by a mentor? Could it be a communal 'dreamtrance'? Is there some tale or myth describing the practice, or is it trial-and-error, i e every 'dreamer' gets the dream in a unique and personal way?

The reason for asking is that i suspect that the intiation rites for wanna-be Kolating could be similar.

BTW, what's the opinions on orlanthi ancestor worship/reverance? Does it exist and in what form? What god is 'responsible' for the worship - Orlanth, Issaries Psychopomp, Kolating, Daka Fal, Ty Kora Tek or Ernalda Deathkeeper? All of them? Someone else? Strictly bloodline-ceremonies perhaps?

Just wondering...