Letters

From: Michael Raaterova <cabal_at_algonet.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 18:33:39 +0200

More literate stuff:

Peter:
>Now if you want to
>become a Sage, where do you go to? The City!

I'd say the majority of Sages are rural Lawspeakers. The greatest concentration of sages would of course be in the city. If every clan of the Alda Chur federation have but a Lawspeaker each they'd outnumber the City Sages by at least 10 to 1.

>The trouble is much of the well civilized regions seem to have gone past
>the de-sacralization of hieroglyphs,having had writing ever since before the
>Great Darkness.

Ok, i see what you mean, and can agree with you. I don't play it that way, though.

Thanks for the stuff of the mythical origins of writing in the various cultures - i didn't have much of a clue myself.