Quick Note

From: David Cheng <drcheng_at_stern.nyu.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 95 23:22:23 EDT

TALES #13
Have all us Yanks gotten our Tales #13s by now? I'd say this is the most consistently superior issue to date. For those of you who didn't cheat by having to read all the _How the West was One_ material, this issue will magnify your understanding of the West exponentially.

WELCOME TIM TORRES
Your post was heretical, but a breath of fresh air none-the-less. Welcome, and keep posting. We could use a break from 3-week-long discussions on Illumination, a phenomenon which should affect a normal campaign by a factor of about 0.08%.

RQ-CON III
I've been discussing this with David Hall recently. Who is going to step forward and organize this? It won't be me. There have been rumours of Chicago, Virginia, and even British Columbia. Who's ready to put some action behind the talk? Who's ready to pull a Bill Bradley and surprise us with an "undeclared candidacy"? It's time to start planning for real.

It's a learning experience, but it won't kill you. The social and psychic rewards far outweigh the years it will take off your life expectancy. You will get assistance. "If you do it, they will come."

(Or, to quote an old AvalonCon flier: "If you hold it, they will come." I am not making this up - Avalon Hill printed that in big bold print on their promotional fliers, along with a picture of a bunch of nerd-gamer guys that looked like it was taken in the 60's...)

Just don't write the LARP yourself.

Best,
- -DC