RQ Con III

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 00:47:06 -0500

David Cheng

> RQ-CON III
> I've been discussing this with David Hall recently. Who is going
> to step forward and organize this? It won't be me. There have been
> rumours of Chicago, Virginia, and even British Columbia. Who's ready
> to put some action behind the talk? Who's ready to pull a Bill
> Bradley and surprise us with an "undeclared candidacy"? It's time to
> start planning for real.
>
> It's a learning experience, but it won't kill you. The social and
> psychic rewards far outweigh the years it will take off your life
> expectancy. You will get assistance. "If you do it, they will come."

        When I was talking to Scott Schneider & Greg Stafford at GenCon, this subject came up. Scott & I would like to do RQ Con III in Chicago. Unfortunately, neither of us have ever helped run a con before. If we could get a couple of area-local people with experience to help out, we would start running with the ball.

>>---> PLEASE CONSIDER THIS A FORMAL CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS! <---<<

   NOTE: if there is a group that has already formed in Virginia/Canada, now would be a real good time to speak up!

   SECOND NOTE: I know zip about writing/running a LARP. Anyone out there want dibs?

	Andrew Joelson			joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com
	1330 D. Gifford Ct.		708-632-5921	Work, w/voice mail
	Hanover Park, Illinois		708-830-3206	Home  (just me)
	   60103-5227