Spreading Illumination

From: John Leske <J.Leske_at_ctin.adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 10:48:19 +0930

Peter Metcalfe warns:
> Beware Lunar Snobbery. I suspect the amount of Illumination is roughly
> the same (2% of the population).

 I can appreciate this percentage given the rules for becoming Illuminated. However this is about the percentage (or even slightly more) that I would use for Highly skilled perons and Adventurers in Glorantha. While I envisage a large number of initiates, there are relatively few with high (>75%) skill levels, and even less acolytes, lords, priests, knights, wizards etc. If there are more Illluminates than 'tough' persons (and highly skilled individuals are far more likely to be Illuminated), then I would think Glorantha would be far more peaceful.

As a sidelight, my GM came up with a cute system for Lunar internal politics: When trying to flush out the Illuminated spies of a rival secret service, use a normal Goddess fearing soldiers, and teach them both Detect Chaos and Detect Law.

John