Aldryami writing and psychology

From: John R. Snead <jsnead_at_netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 19:18:12 -0700 (PDT)

Sandy Petersen had some interesting things to say about Uz and Mostali writing
(I love the mixed metal Mostali writing). I would be interested to hear
some ideas about Aldryami writing. I've had three ideas about how it would work and can never decide between the three of them. 1) It is something impressed magically into living plants and read by touch using Elfsense, 2) It is carved into sticks like Ogham, or 3) The Aldryami grow special leaves which have properties much like paper and impress characters on the living leaves in some fashion.

3) Seems more likely, but I'm not sure.

Also, does anyone have any useful advice about playing elves? We've successfully had folks play Trolls and renegade oddball Dwarfs, but never elves (and I'm thinking of trying it). Other than quiet, communally oriented and determined is there anything else that makes and Elf
(especially a young adventuring elf) special?

Thanks