Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #70

From: Phil Johnson <SERVALAN_at_tiger>
Date: Thu Mar 20 10:05:54 1997

> Another feature of trolls that is often overlooked is their
> Darkness. Trolls are HUNGRY. The first thought a troll has when
> looking at a hideous undead is "I wonder how it would taste?"
> Trollish dark nature expresses itself in many non-human ways. Trolls
> are naturally attracted to the dark, as humans are drawn to the
> light. Trolls are naturally attracted to decay, stench, and
> underground damp places. A troll sitting quietly waiting to speak
> you you is likely to pick at his toe-jam and eat it or something
> even more repulsive. All these things repulse normal humans.

The only way to describe how a Trolls senses work is to experience the "sensory confusion" side effect of some drugs. Trolls have heightned/enhanced senses that we humans don't have thus to a troll certain foodstuffs have a particular feel as well as taste and some smells have a particular aura as well as smell...

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #71