Aldryami

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_hamachi.pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 22:03:11 -0700

John R. Snead speculated about Aldryami writing:

>. 1) It is
>something impressed magically into living plants and read by touch using
>Elfsense, 2) It is carved into sticks like Ogham, or 3) The Aldryami grow
>special leaves which have properties much like paper and impress
>characters on the living leaves in some fashion.

Since Elfsense is a major sense, I'd favor something like #1, where you induce the bark to grow a certain way, and peel it off. Elves don't need to write things in a hurry.

Maybe elves grow special trees, cut a slice out of them, and read the rings like a barcode. Maybe they grow a special plant, and any elf who eats the fruit gets the message. Maybe they make something like a jelly roll, only the different spices used in each layer convey a message (again, you eat it - -- the higher your skill, the thinner the slice you need to discern the message).

>Also, does anyone have any useful advice about playing elves?

I recently told someone that I thought they were too alien to play. They're plants, after all.