Truestone and magic

From: yfcw29_at_castle.ed.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 95 11:16:08 BST

David Cake says :

> On another subject, Truestone, remember - in Glorantha, Law is not
>particularly opposed to Chaos. It is opposed to Chaos, but so is everything
>else. This is not a Michael Moorcock novel, in Glorantha Law represents the
>natural forces of the world.

So far, so froody.

> If it is opposed to anything, it might be magic
>in general, not chaotic magic specifically. And to a certain extent
>Truestone is opposed to magic (when used as a weapon it ignores magical
>protection) but in other ways it is not.

Whoa. That is a bit like saying that because big powerfull magnets screw up the workings of my watch, magnets are opposed to physics. After all, my watch works according to the laws of physics and the magnet stops it working, so therefore magnets stop physics from working.

IMHO Truestone is highly magical in a very raw and primeval way and this has a disruptive effect on complex magics such as spells. Thus it is not an anti-magic effect, but more an anti-spell effect.

Simon Hibbs
yfcw29_at_castle.ed.ac.uk