Carmanians Lightbringers

From: cor_hvh_at_VMS.UCI.KUN.NL
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 12:21:57 +0100 (MET)

Nich asks why I doubt a Carmanian Lightbringers' quest.

I may have been unclear here. I don't doubt such a quest as such. I just have substantial doubts about the Lightbringers' Quest being the same as the one the Seven Mothers did. After a peek at the Greg's Lunar background stuff I had the strong impression that the quest to (re)create the Red Goddess was not a Lightbringers Quest.

Thoughts at that time:
  LBQ men stuff action; success & failure negotiation & compromise   RGQ women stuff more passive; facing souls insight and opening 7th soul

Since then the arguments that the two quests are the same start to sound very appealing again. If they are the same, it may tell us more about the LBQ than about the RGQ.

As for Darkbringers, nice argument. Balance is more important than either element. Note that the starting situation for Seven Mothers/RGQ wasn't an imbalanced one (at least re Light vs Dark), so they had to be careful there.

Hans van Halteren