Aldryami

From: Bryan J. Maloney <bjm10_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 18:45:32 -0400 (EDT)

Whenever a human being enters the Garden of the Rubble, the Aldryami capture him or her and kill the person. Then they grind his poor remains into fertilizer and devour his soul. This is how they punish tresspassers.

That is what the humans say.

Whenever a flesh person enters our home, we take him or her by the hand and open the painful prison of his or her soul to let it into the bosom of Aldrya. Then we give the body to Aldrya and introduce the soul to our loving Mother. This is how we reward those who love our Mother so much as to enter her Garden.

That is what the Aldryami say.

A PC in my campaign became an Elf-friend and a Child of the Forest. Part of her duties involved "mulching". She didn't realize that it was one of her cousins, still screaming and kicking, who was to be "mulched". The Gardener was patient and gentle with the new Elf-friend, and explained things very nicely, though...
- --

Wiping up half a liter of baby diarrhea really gives you a sense of perspective.

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #72