meat-eating aldryami

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 23:32:19 +1000 (EST)

For some great ideas about aldryami and other "elves" I would recommend David Attenborough's new series on "the secret life of plants". Not as good as his animal shows in continuity IMHO but fascinating.

For instance, there are going to be some meat-eating aldryami in some part of Glorantha - if G. is like this Earth and, since it was created by (I assume) earth-people, it has some connections :-) There are a number of plants on Earth which must eat meat to survive. The main examples, besides the Venus flytrap of worldwide fame, is the pitcher plants. The prey slides down into the pitcher and drowns in acid and the nutrients feeding the plants. Perhaps these are one of the aldyami's sources of acid...

So be careful around aldryami - and if any of them ask you to have a ride on a slippery-dip , like a good Lunar - think 7 times about it first!

Robert
PS. perhaps saw-tooth korvan was still in heart of Aldrya whilst eating meat? PPS. Is slippery-dip an Australian-only term?)