baboon bandits....

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 1995 13:39:03 GMT

I recently read a book "On the Trail of the Whale" by Mark Carwardine, which contains the following passage:-

"South African baboons know all about whale watching. They know tat, if there
is a car coming and a whale spouting, the car will pull into the viewing site, the driver and all the passengers will jump out and then, for a few precious moments, all the doors will be left invitingly open. While whale watchers watch the whale, they themselves are being watched by a 'lookout baboon' and their car is being ransacked by other members of the gang."

Now I am sure that Glorantha, with all its amazing sites must contain plenty of oportunities for such raiding, and so much safer than leaping out and shouting
"Stand and Deliver" in your best beastspeach... - Really smart bandits may live
in a semi-symbiotic relationship with some of the more awe-inspiring creatures - making sure that adventurers know where to find them, but ensuring that they don't actually kill them. (They may, however rescue adventurers, in the hope of getting some sort of reward?)

I was also wondering what, if any, cetaceans are present in Glorantha's waters.  They would certainly have plenty of competition with blue elves, sea trolls and all those different mer-folk! I seem to remember something about seal hunschen, though I can't recall where.
- --

| Tim Ellis    EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                             |