various bits and pieces...

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 12:17:58 +1300

David Cake:

David had written that Cave Trolls are tolerated by trolls as do not actually worship chaos but are its victims. This prompted me to query:

>>And so they would feel the same to Feral Broos who do not worship Chaos?

David replies:

> Broo are an intrinsically chaotic species, while cave trolls are
>not. If chaos had not entered the world, cave trolls would still be dark
>trolls, but broo would not.

Rubbish. Reread River of Cradles or Borderlands. Broos were a perfectly normal species before the Turning. Broos have a stronger connection to Primal Chaos but they are still victims of chaos as much as cave trolls, trollkin and diseased humans suffering from disease are. The only reason the normal Uz spare the cavetrolls is that they recognize the common kinship and find the cavetrolls useful. They do not recognize any kinship with feral broos or diseased humans (for the most part) so they do not spare them.

Tim Ellis:

>I was also wondering what, if any, cetaceans are present in Glorantha's
>waters. They would certainly have plenty of competition with blue elves,
>sea trolls and all those different mer-folk!

The ToTRM Sea Special in the article on the Oceans of Glorantha does mention intelligent ceteans. I'm inclined to believe these are equivalent to the intelligent fish of the Zola Fel to the normal fish (ie 1 in 1000). The Mermen beat them hands down coz they have more intelligent offspring and have hands.

>I seem to remember something about seal hunschen, though I can't recall
>where.

I can recall about two mentions.  The first is Kralorela in G:CotHW where I
think seal people are spoken of.  The other are the Ouori, or Walrus People.
The latter are actually Merman...

Justin Akkerman:

>When it comes to Illuminants interacting with pieces of Acos (truestone)
>what happens must be considered in the context of the following: What would
>Acos do if an Illuminant walked his halls?

Nothing.

Chaos =/= Illumination!

Illumination > Chaos!!

All hail the Reaching (D!!!