Broos and Cave Trolls.

From: Mike Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 11:28:45 GMT

David Cake, he say:

> Broo are an intrinsically chaotic species, while cave trolls are
> not. If chaos had not entered the world, cave trolls would still be dark
> trolls, but broo would not.

Wrong. Sorry, but simply wrong. It is made clear in all the histories of the broos that at the 'start' of the Godtime, they were a simple animal/human nature oriented species. They were one of the first to be corrupted by chaos because their mother, the goddess Thed was part of the Unholy Three who brought chaos into the world.

> In any case, I don't think any troll would allow a broo to live
> long enough to explain their religious beliefs.

True. How the Wild Healer of the Rockwoods survives is beyond me...

I have introduced non-chaotic broo twice in my campaign and both times the players were smart enough to figure out that the usual rules about "Kill on sight" didn't apply. But these were very small remnants of pre-Godswar broo in very isolated places.

Actor and Genius.
AKA Theophilus, Prince-Archbishop of the Far Isles (Arms: Purpure, an open book proper, without clasps. On the dexter page the Greek letter Alpha or. On the sinister page the letter Omega of the same. Motto: nulla spes sit in resistendo.)

Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society: Better living through pan-medieval anachronisms.