Archives of Good Stuff

From: Loren Miller <Loren.Miller_at_marketing.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 11:51:37 EST

> My only question would be: "Is this a niche being adequately filled
> by Web pages currently?" I know there is a lot of info scattered
> over WWW currently, but don't know if it's really an archival of
> the full-length non-discussion articles from the Gloranthan Digest,
> as Simon suggests.

It's an archival of all the articles from RQ-Digest, RQ-Daily, Glorantha-Digest, RQ-Rules, World-Design, my Carmanian material, and Stephen Martin's index. Currently, on my site, the full text is not indexed, and as a result sometimes you have to do a lot of searching for Subject lines, etc, to find the goodies, but as I find time to work on it that will change. IMHO a full-text index of all the mailing lists is preferable to a compilation of the best articles, since often you find invaluable nuggets of info in the middle of long discussions of zillions of topics, like gold among the maunderings.

But if folks want to compile the goodies on particular topic areas and format them nicely in HTML, or something along those lines, then I'd be happy to host the pages or point to them.