Thoughts on the man-rune & mortality

From: Mmohrfield_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 21:59:21 -0400

Recently Sandy Peterson wrote
>Elves and mostali used the man-rune to _exactly_ the
>same extent that KL did to form her race. Elves, trolls, and mostali
>(and mermen) each have almost the same precise relationship to
>humans. It's no accident that the mobile plants look like humans,
>and the mostali are the most human-appearing elder race of
all.
The mostali are related to the man-rune? But in ESoG it says that dwarfs are not descended from Grandfather Mortal. Have I been incorrect in assuming that that means they are not related to the man-rune? If they are related to it, then how come they don't age? Then again now that I think about it, the

         Brithini must be related to the man rune and they don't age. Perhaps death by age is a result of a relationship to the beast (or in the case of elves, the plant) rune. But then what about that story about all mortals having to die because Grandfather Mortal died?

                                                                Mark
Mohrfield

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #88