Castle(s) of Lead

From: DBLIZZARD_at_delphi.com
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 1995 02:15:44 -0400 (EDT)

Sandy says:
> But most trolls that existed in the Storm Age now live in
> Wonderhome, and those few elderly uzuz that live in the Castles of
> Lead are practically hermits.

     Which leads me to a question I've always wondered about: What is a Castle of Lead like? I'm sure there is a picture of one in Trollpack, but what are they like in structure. Are they actually made of lead, or are they mountain-like & the 'lead' is an honorific?

     I imagine that there probably is a 'normal' troll city surrounding them, where it is business as usual. Then there is the outer/upper regions where a few, honored, non-uz may go that. This area is probably semi-palatable to humans (although I imagine light is rare or even non-existant - except for Lodril & Zorak Zoran areas).

     Next are the areas where normal uz go. They, again, are probably palatable to humans, but less so than the previous region. Also, non-uz are probably next to non-existant, unless they emissaries being escourted to an imported personage.

     The next to last region would be where the ancient ones are. It probably is bordering on the Hero Plane & maybe also the Spirit Plane. I imagine *not* encountering Dehori here would be rare.

     Finally, is the area that is actually the Hero Plane. From this area you could reach the Underworld & the other Castles of Lead. Also here is probably where you talk to Kyger Litor.

     How does this jibe with your visions of the Castle(s) of Lead? Is there anything that has been directly contradicted, or is there a more interesting view you would have.

                    David A Blizzard