Glisn'vaj (Morning Frost)

From: Torres, Capt Timothy M <TORRESTM.HQAMC_at_MHS.SAFB.AF.MIL>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 1995 09:25 CDT

Since I've had pretty good response on previous postings (Lothlosh and Dragonmaster), here's another. I've already e-mailed long versions of several cults upon request. If you're having trouble getting through to me, I think we had server problems yesterday. Please try again (address below).

Also. I'm not up on the AH cult material, so please don't be offended if some of these seem to duplicate those sources.

Tim Torres (torrestm.hqamc_at_mhs.safb.af.mil)

GLISN'VAJ (Morningfrost)

     Glisn'vaj (pronounced glee-zun-vazh) is the primal spirit of the morning frost. She is a sister of the Dawn and the Mists, a lesser agent of the Celestial Court. There is no record of her actions in the Godtime. Glisn'vaj brings the morning frosts. She stores away the waters of the cold time to be released with the day's warmth. She stands for youth, innocence, purity, and the promise of fertility unrecognized. Glisn'vaj promises that death is the storing up of vitality to await new life. She is associated with the Ice rune.

     This is a small family cult found among certain hill clans.. They play a small but significant part in the tribal life. The cult is friendly to Yelmalio, Yelorna, Aldrya, and other nature cults. Chaos is disliked for interfering with the natural order. Otherwise, cult members value balance, moderation, and patience.

     This cult has no formal structure. Each hill clan usually has a shrine and one or more families dedicated to Glisn'vaj. There are many woodland groves and mountain grottos holy to Glisn'vaj.

Seasonal Holy Days are Freezeday, Fertility Week. The High Holy Day is Freezeday, Fertility Week, Dark Season.

     The Frost Mage is also a shaman. He shepherds the hill clans through harsh winters and maintains morale with the guarantee of better times ahead. Frost Magi are nearly immune to natural cold damage, expending one magic point per full hour of exposure to resist cold damage. Less than one hour of exposure is resisted with no POW cost. They use snowcats as familiars.

SPIRIT MAGIC: Frostdart, Frostwand, Icefog

DIVINE MAGIC: Chill Blast, Summon Small Frostweir, Winter Sleep,

NOTES: Glisn'varrd:

     This sacred being was carried by Glisn'vaj in the Godtime. It is a living frostweir staff. Objects struck or parried take D8 cold damage. Roll item HP vs total frost damage to resist shattering. It feels cool to the touch, but does not harm acceptable bearers. Frost damaged objects can be repaired. The frost damage also reaches through armor to attack location struck. Target takes half damage with a successful roll of CON vs Glisn'varrd's POW. Glisn'varrd is also a priest of Glisn'vaj. It may cast spells, but may not initiate spirit combat. It mindspeaks with bearer at no POW cost.