Re: Troll "Culture"

From: TheCam_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 1995 16:13:35 -0400

Daniel McCluskey replies to Sandy with:

> Matriarchy and KL Worship "instinctive"? I am afraid that I mus dissagree
> whole heartedly. Are Orlanthi genetically predisposed to Shout at each
> other till the small hours of the morning? It is a Cultural Trait.

I'm afraid that I must disagree with Daniel. Orlanthi are human and Uz are troll. This comparison is like saying oranges must be red because apples are red. It doesn't work.

David Dunham replies to Daniel's comment: >> Uz are matriarcal because the Mothers are TOUGH

> And the fathers are wimps?

Not so much wimps but hen-pecked. I remember reading a description (I think it was in Trollpak) and imagining a male dark troll at a troll inn talking it up real tough and wrestling with the other guys but just cowering at his wife saying "yes, dear" to everything she said.

Graeme, I like your idea about satyrs being non-chaotic broo. I'd like to read that magical pipe myth!

Trying to catch up on Digest reading yet again, Camo