Uz language

From: Fantome_at_eworld.com
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 07:01:34 -0700

Sandy Petersen

>> WHY SANDY THINKS TROLL CULTURE IS INSTINCTIVE

  1. All dark trolls and all snow trolls speak Darktongue, <<

Does this mean a troll baby, will, if raised outside a troll settlement access know darktongue to some degree?

Notice, that I stated 'know', as opposed to speak as speech requires practice for the vocal chords to work properly. Note that 'speech' as a method of communication is instinctive in some species. The best one I can think off hand is the laughing of kookaburras (birds of the kingfisher family) to indicate territory.

IMHO, if instinctive the level of Darktongue 'known' should be quite limited. Whereas the human child would say 'bread' if it could (BTW, I liked the baby stories), the troll baby says 'HUNGER!'.

Brian
Fantome_at_eworld.com <SPACE RESERVED FOR RENT>