Gorantha not Earth?

From: Torres, Capt Timothy M <TORRESTM.HQAMC_at_MHS.SAFB.AF.MIL>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 1995 15:12 CDT

This debate won't go away! <Glorantha is not Earth? Gloranthan Gods are REAL.> OK. So are Earth gods. Ask anyone. IMO, The only people likely to deny it are scientistic [grin]. And that's only because they are denying the real existence of their own god (and their blind faith in the authority of science). And by the way, I have a degree in microbiology and an unpublished manuscript called "Logical Mysticism: Faith, Hope, Love, and Reason," (Scientism is not equal to science.) IMHO, Gloranthan gods are real, myths are "true," and both change. The same holds true for Earth gods. Paradox is the key to truth. The confusion stems from the real existence of timeless beings who are also, in some way, limited by time (voluntarily or otherwise). Hey, can I get in on that materialistic/reductionist party? But I'd like to come as my favorite paired particles, or perhaps my favorite swarm of plasmons.

Happy Debating,

Tim Torres