Re: Orlanth/Humakt, Sandyisms...

From: Trystero... <wire_at_trystero.iii.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 1995 06:14:56 GMT

Mark Mohrfield writes:

>This sounds like the Theyalans are actually bragging about their god having
>brought death into the world. On the other hand KoS seems to blame death on
>Eurmal and praises Humakt for severing his ties to his kin before committing
>"heinous deeds" so that they would not share the blame.

That's one side of the story. The other version (mentioned in the Humakt cult writeup) is that Humakt severed his ties to Orlanth *after* the murder of Yelm, and did so because he was offended by Orlanth's use of Death. As always, it depends who you ask...

>[...]eventually synapses would connect deep within her soul[...]

Synapses in her *soul*? Sounds like trolls are even less human-like than I'd thought. :)

doug