M & imagine

From: stephen.yambor_at_cyberia.com
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 95 14:13:41

To quickly jump into the thread on myth, history, and reality; I'd like to add this brief note. IMO, the issue seems to me to be one more concerned with our imagination than anything else.
1. The first challenge that Glorantha faces is to reach into our imaginations. How can we conceive and perceive of this world? How is it similar to and yet different from the world and the reality that we know? How can Glorantha translate to our consciousness, often a consciousness informed by Western culture and European history and Greek philosophy? 2. But the real challenge for me is how we can use OUR imaginations to reach Glorantha. I hope that it is not an image or a shadow of the world that I know and live in but a place that is far different. A world of mystery and shadow. A land of glory and magic. A wonder beyond my musings and limited hopes. I want to experience a Glorantha where I can aspire, like Icarus, to reach the sun. And when (or if) I get there, I surely hope to see some dude riding a chariot.

This topic has gone on for such a while that I couldn't resist adding my 2 cents worth, FWIW. (For What Its Worth)
- -- Steve 8^)

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #105