Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #107

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 1995 11:19:55 +0100

Nils about me
> Erik:
> >In this, the Aesir are really supernatural beings, but they walk the
> >earth - Odin has his court somewhere in Sweden
>
> Don't forget that Frej founded the kingdom of Sweden.
Add to that that I seem to recall that according to the second Snorri Odinn, he was the grandson of Odinn......
> _____
>
> Erik on Barntar:
> >Sort of a "velour-daddy" of the gods
>
> You expect non-swedes to understand that?
Uhm, sorry, I sorta assumed we had adopted/stolen the term from them Anglo-Saxons, as so much else. Anyway, it is a somewhat derogatory term for men being more like moms than dads towards their children, and generally being non-aggressive, non-competetive and non-chauvinistic, if that makes you any wiser. It has (at least to me) no undertones whatsoever of sexual "femininity" in a man. To put in a more Gloranthan context, I also think that although males are normally supposed to be more extrovert and emotional than female among Theyalan peoples (its not unmanly to cry with grief) Barntar cultists are supposed to behave more sensibly, like women do.