Koskil's Hope (cont'd)

From: Torres, Capt Timothy M <TORRESTM.HQAMC_at_MHS.SAFB.AF.MIL>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 10:17 CDT

Still, the presence of such primordial life (lushes grasses, soaring birds, and great beasts) allowed me some small hope, and I turned to beckon Dowser forward, only to find him holding Death's blade, resolutely facing the way we had come. He stiffened at my call and responded, saying, "I have defied that which I hold most dear, friend Koskil. I cannot leave this way unguarded. You must carry on without me, to rescue our people, whom also I hold most dear." He ignored my further entreaties. So I turned and entered through the Clouded Door, not knowing what perils my courageous friend would face without me.

Entering the strange land, I was struck by feelings of peace and harmony.  In some way, I knew I had come home. A natural path descended to the grassland, as from a lonely plateau. I examined the trail and found sign of a great cat. In the fields below I beheld a mighty stag. It looked my way, but I felt sure the grasses hid me and the wind was in my favor. Then I saw the great cat; leaping from its cover. The stag had no time to run. It tried to turn it's mighty antlers into the attack, but only managed to scrape against the beast's tough hide before it went down beneath slashing claws. Then a single bite crushed the stag's spine.

Tim

P.S. My Humakti are not strictly cut off from family and friends, although there is a sense of substantial isolation (others are simply incapable of completely relating to them, and vice versa).

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #110