Koskil's Hope (3rd Section)

From: Torres, Capt Timothy M <TORRESTM.HQAMC_at_MHS.SAFB.AF.MIL>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 16:34 CDT

While the beast feasted on its prey, I began working my way silently down the path. But the great cat's ears were keen, for I was not quite past her when she stopped eating and began circling downwind of me. Watching her, I felt an overwhelming respect. She was easily ten times as massive as I was. But not a sound could be heard as she moved among the grasses.  She spotted me, and I knew real fear. I raised my bow, arrow notched, as she came toward me. She roared, and it was all I could do not to drop my bow. Instead, I stood perfectly still while she sampled my scent, as if wondering what type of beast I was.

Looking back on it, I cannot say whether I was not eaten because she was sated on the stag, or whether she did not view me as food. In any case, after she had gone back up the trail, I passed swiftly down to the lake, thanking the Father of Beasts for my life.

Tim