Gloranthan Summer Time!?!

From: Lewis Jardine <JARDINE_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 16:29:15 +0100 (BST)

Hello Everyone

Perhaps you can help me with a problem that crept up on me recently.

I was wondering how does summer work in Glorantha? Does Yelm alter his path?
On a similar vien do the length of the days vary throughout the year in Glorantha...
and what is the mechanism AND the mythological justification?

My best guess is that Yelm stays in the underworld for less time in summer than in winter. Thus he is in the heavens longer and so radiates more warmth on the world. Whether he has a constantly varying cycle like our sun or whether the shortest day is the aniversary of his death, from which days get progressively longer until he is struck down on the following year, I don't know. But this system would make the world a stranger place.

Otherwise, I would assume a cycle with the longest days in the later half of fire season and the longest nights at the end of Dark and beginning of Storm seasons.

Alternatively, days and nights might be the same length but Yelm sheds less heat in winter (when he is wounded and cold).

I assume that Yelm does not alter his path.

Well I look forward to your comments

	Cheers
		Lewis