Mostali Production Rate

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 00:12:42 -0700

First though, Robert mentions...

>may want something totally different. Let this come out. Looking at an old
>digest Eric Rowe asked a question which was never really answered in that:
>where is the Gregification of Glorantha taking us? (hope I haven't
>misrepresented it Eric...)

Did I ask something like that? I don't recall. Anyway, my take on it is that in the end, any creative work needs some type of editorial control.

Then Jose slips up.

> I think they do not like grinding because they are not qualified to do
>it (like so many parents). To a dwarf perfectionism, the anguish of failing is
>terrible. As making of dwarfs is infrequent, none get to feel confident in the
>process. Iron dwarfs, with a higher turnaround rate, may get the hang of it,
>whiwh would explain the quickness in which they are made, and the distrust of
>traditionalists.

Except of course that as the Icons of perfection, Iron Dwarfs actually take the longest amount of processing time (14 years) before delivery to the foreman. Unless of course you are refering to the unorthodox practices by such apostate factories such as the one in Pavis. I have heard that their Clay Vessel is in constant use and the members of the factory fight over the rights to use it. As the best fighters, the Iron Dwarfs would surely monopolize equipment use in such an extreme situation.

eric
010-237-0155-3025-10460-235025