Elves

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 16 Sep 95 04:39:49 EDT

It's *horrible* missing out whole issues of the Digest...

"EDLY" asks:

> Which products discuss the various elven races?

The best single source is "Elder Secrets" (RQ3 boxed set from Avalon Hill, probably still available). This includes the Cult of Aldrya, rules for elf character generation, and loads of detail on elf biology, society, lands, etc.

The "Gloranthan Bestiary" includes stats for black elves, blue elves, green elves, some species of goblin (red elves), etc. "Troll Gods" has the cult of Mee Vorala, Goddess of Fungus (and black elves). You can find Aldrya in "Cults of Prax" (RQ2, long out of print) and in shortform in "Gods of Glorantha" (RQ3, probably still available but not much 'discussion'). There are descriptions of two elf forests in Dorastor: Land of Doom, of which one is xenophobic, the other chaos-tainted. Past issues of the various RQ Digests have had speculative stuff on how elves' "trees" and "seasons" affect their appearance and personality, along with thoughts on Elfsense (see ES) and the written forms of the Aldryami language.

To make it easy for yourself, read the Elder Races book first (to get a grounding), then ask questions here based on that information. We're often a helpful bunch.

Nick Fortune is an accomplished liar. More, please! (There was a moment in the middle where I seriously worried whether that half-elven dwarf-friendly statue-animator Pavis was somehow tied in to this Stone Elf business, but since it's just a lie I didn't spend much time pondering it).

Nick