Koskil's Hope (5)

From: Torres, Capt Timothy M <TORRESTM.HQAMC_at_MHS.SAFB.AF.MIL>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 11:10 CDT

The many beasts, they watched me descend to the water's edge, where I knelt between the skunk and the wolf. The waters were crystal clear and sweet as the finest fruits of earth, so I drank though I was not thirsty.  Then I rose and gazed about, seeking the Father of Beasts. He was nowhere about, and I was at a loss. I had no wish to walk for days among the hunters and the hunted to reach those distant cursed lands. I had to cross the lake, but could see no way to do that, and had hoped he might offer assistance if properly entreated. It was then I spotted the collossal turtle crawling up from the waters, and I determined to enlist its aid in crossing the lake.