Martin's Pome

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 25 Sep 95 04:03:42 EDT

I loved both translations of Martin's Carmanian poem ("filthy lucre"). You know, I have notes towards a "honey poem" of my own written by the Carmanians: it covers the history of the "Three Generations of Peace" and the decline in relations with Dara Happa after that period (the tenth and eleventh centuries ST), and was probably sung by the Carmanian warriors of the Alkothiad.

Not yet in a printable form (alas!): the poem was called "Honeyed Words" (which are how the DH ambassadors always spoke to the Padishah). But the trouble is, you can use honey for so many things: to intoxicate a hero with pure mead, to sweeten the taste of a bitter medicine; to hide the stench of rotten meat; to conceal a deadly poison...

Anyway, Poetic Carmanian Honey looks like it's here to stay.

(NB: Bees, caste-bound creatures of Darkness making the golden food of Light, are probably VERY important to some Carmanian heresy: all these repititions make it practically essential! Anyone got any ideas?)

Nick