Re: Aeolians; that big moon

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_hamachi.pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 09:37:26 -0700

Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>Probably the Aeolians. They are suitably witless, IMO, having
>identified Orlanth with the Invisible God.

And Issaries, and Chalana Arroy, and Lhankor Mhy... I haven't given the Aeolians a great deal of thought, but I always assumed that the concept was that the Invisible God is great, but he's, well, invisible, and he's made his less pure aspects available for mortals to worship. At least, this is the tack I plan to take in Naskorion, which I believe has an Aeolian Heresy. Aeolians don't deny the Invisible God any more than a Frank who worships St Martin denies the Christian God. They just get more miracles from St Martin. (I don't think that the Naskori worship St Orlanth, tho other Aeolians might.)

Robert McArthur applies pi:
>Thus we can see that Shepelkirt (sp?), as she really is being a goddess
>only to those too ignorant to know better, is about 8 miles in diameter.

But what's to say that the celestial object is solid? After all, the Goddess is at the center. If it's hollow, it could be a lot bigger (as indeed it appears to be).

David Dunham Pensee Corporation dunham_at_nw.pensee.com Voice/Fax 206 783 7404 http://www.pensee.com/dunham/

    "I say we should listen to the customers and give them what they want."     "What they want is better products for free." --Scott Adams