"Awakened" Animals

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 15:31:28 GMT

Further to the recent discussion here on awakened fish and cetaceans, I was wondering, how do such creatures regard their fixed int relatives? Are they just an unintelligent species (like herdmen?) or will they develop intelligence either in this life, or as part of a buddhist-like re-incarnation cycle? Do they see themselves as the `pioneers' of intelligence for their species (One day All of You will be able to think like me!) or the last remenants of a once powerful empire (As seems to be the case with the Baboons). This would presumably have an effect on how they treated their non-intelligent cousins.

Comments anyone?
- --

| Tim Ellis    EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                             |