Cults, Sorcery, Heroquest

From: Torres, Capt Timothy M <TORRESTM.HQAMC_at_MHS.SAFB.AF.MIL>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 10:40 CDT

  1. I just finished reading the Cults Book of GoG, and even made some minor adjustments to my own cults to "fit" them into the general scheme of things. For example, I clarified my Pure Horse/Giver cult by relating the Poljoni myth that explains their skin color: In my campaign, the Poljoni are an Orlanthi pantheon peoples who (legend says) got their peculiar orange skin color when the nameless twin children of Orlanth and Ernalda were burned by the sun stealing the secret of Horse which they then gave to the other Orlanthi. This is how they came to be known as Pure Horse and Giver. As Poljoni heroquesters repeated this path, the orange skin color was reinforced and enriched. The Poljoni have been looked down on by other Orlanthi because the Twins essentially hid during the Darkness. Though individual warriors have done much to change that view, since time began. Their most interesting Divine Magics are Primal Walk and Horse Fires.
  2. I'm still troubled by the Sorcery rules. Does anyone have a sorcerer PC (created in the course of normal game play) or a PC who uses sorcery extensively? And if so, could you please e-me a brief outline of their background and abilities? My simpler e-mail address is "timtorres_at_aol.com".
  3. Finally, I just wrote and refereed my first heroquest using Steve Maurer's rules and based on the Koskil story. Will e-mail the heroquest scenario to anyone intersted. It was designed to be fairly light, and to offer (relatively) limited threats and (relatively) limited personal advancement.

Happy Adventuring,

Tim Torres

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #134