Precious resources

From: PMichaels_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 23:59:32 -0400

I don't think Mostali are "greedy," at least as humans understand it. As Makers, Mostali know that all materials must be stored where they are both accessable and safe until it is time for their proper use. You never know when you'll suddenly need one million ENC points worth of el-metal, 30 ENC points of ur-metal, seven uncut Esrolian Rubies, and a Pure Heart Stone to complete a project! Also, Mostali understand that the Made is the property of the Maker, and have a VERY strong sense of property rights.  I think Mostali use money primarily as a " behavioral lubricant" with humans, to get humans to act in accordance with Mostali wishes. However, they only use this tool when it's more appropriate than other tools (force,  the threat of force, "friendship", etc...). And, as always, they will only use as much of a tool as is absolutely necessary.

Peace,

     Peter