Hey ho, hey ho part 2

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 11:58:10 +0100

I had to break off in the middle of a bost but boldly continues. I noted an earlier statement of myself in which I used the expression "black market" for the secondary trade circuits that exists within dwarven communities, and Harald didn't think it would exist except among apostates.
I used phrased myself badly: what I said in an earlier post was that I believed that dwarves trained in the spare time they have (Jose Ramos phrased it excellently: "in spare time, dwarves can afford to fail"). But for that they need resources they cannot produce themselves, and so they trade with dwarves with other castes, using the things they produce while training. Thus there exists a secondary economy within dwarven strongholds, apart from the primary trade circles. Harald's ideas about the dwarven calculators that use what humans think are coins was excellent.

Changing Elder Race:
Sandy's post almost sounded like I had offended him in some way. That was certainly not my meaning.
We obviously interpret the INT stat differently, but since that can be argued forever, I cut off here.

Ani interesting comment from Sandy:

>. I know of

> an outpost of chaotic dwarfs in the Tunneled Hills. I hadn't
> pictured them as pro-Krarsht, but it's a thought.
Why would there otherwise be tunnels there? :-)

Erik Sieurin