Saintly analogies

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 10:57:34 +0100

Me:
>On Malkion's nature: I really liked the idea that the malkioni saints
>are bodhisattva-like characters who have postponed Solace in order
>to help us poor common sinners.

Peter:
>Why do you have do _drag_ distinctions between bodhisvattva-hood and
>arhats into this?

I haven't even mentioned arhats, since they have very little in common with saints in the context I'm writing about, Malkioni or otherwise.

>Do Christain Saints postpone heaven to help us poor common sinners?

No, and that's exactly my point: Malkioni saints are _not_ christian saints.

>The Malkioni State of Grace is Solace not bloody Nirvana!

Read the words: 'bodhisattva-like', not 'bodhisattvas', it's an analogy, not an equation.

>So what if the Souls of the Malkioni are for the most part
>undetectable by magic after death?

Not 'for the most part', all the time, everywhere. That's kind of the point of Solace - it's a safe haven.

Me:
>what sacrifice could be greater than the great prophet's:
>he shed his divinity and became a man in order to bring the Law to
>the witless mortals.

Peter:
>Prince Hrestol who broke every Law in the Book of Law to bring Solace
>to the witless mortals burdened by the Yoke of Legalism.

Yes, that's an equally big sacrifice (although my question was mainly rhetorical).

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net