Re: God, Man, or both

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_sartar.toppoint.de>
Date: Thu Mar 20 10:05:59 1997

Nils Weinander ("Waiting to be excommunicated")

> On Malkion's nature: I really liked the idea that the malkioni
> saints are bodhisattva-like characters who have postponed Solace
> in order to help us poor common sinners.

Actually, most accomplished Saints of Malkionism attained Solace, but they somehow prefer to stay around. The Aeolians (as I see them) and likely a couple of other Henotheist sects, maybe even the Carmanians and the Lunars, include several of the major gods, thereby defining the stage between mundane life and Solace what the God Learners called the Godplane. They are said to be wrong by other sects, but what does that prove?

> This can be applied
> directly to Malkion: what sacrifice could be greater than the
> great prophet's: he shed his divinity and became a man in order
> to bring the Law to the witless mortals.

As far as I am concerned, Malkion did this when the difference between (immortal) men and deities wasn't that great in the Kingdom of Logic. That was before the Darkness stroke, though...

> Now, I just have to find a suitable heretic sect to pin this theory
> on.

Go to Ralios... There is little which won't have some obscure sect there to support it.