Styxian spirits...

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 11:01:46 +1300

Nick's comment that the Gloranthan Styx also had the properties of the RW mythical Lethe in that you forget things had me wondering.

Might the reason Vampires are destroyed by a drop from the River is that it removes the knowlege that they hunger for existance and thus their spiri^H^H^H^H animating force vanishes? I assume any spectacular effects that result are long delayed natural forces taking place with a vengeance...

Extending this analogy, we may have found a Gloranthan analogue for alcohol in 'drinking to forget' and temporarily losing ones sense of judgement. All I need to test this theory is one vampire and several hundred barrels of wine...