I agree

From: ramos_at_crpp.u-bordeaux.fr
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 09:16:45 GMT

        I will not repeat Sandy's vision of dwarfs, as I agree wholeheartedly with it.

        Dwarfs are individuals (even if most do not have too much emotional drive) and so two dwarfs (despite Tolkien the right English word) that perform identical tasks will work minute differences that a mass produced item in Earth will have not. If you add that most ornamentation is not essential work, and so it is performed in the free time, and things begin to get out of control.

        I have always considered that dwarfs are the descendants of a highly advanced technomagical race (the mostali), and although they show much imagination and cunning in certain areas, most of the processes are following old Pre-Dawn procedures that even Diamond dwarfs are not sure what will bring.

        We have the typical SF standard of relics of a bygone era that work, but nobody knows how or why. That does not diminish that dwarfs are the most advanced technologically (by themselves) race in Glorantha.

        So do not believe all Dwarven propaganda, but do not tackle an Iron dwarf in combat armor with energised weapons (customized) if you are not a Hero. You have been warned.
Jose Ramos