More on the river styx

From: Fantome_at_eworld.com
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 01:36:53 -0700

Nick Brooke

>> Another important thing about the Styx is that its waters make you forget
things, just like the classical Lethe. <<

I had also thought of this but couldn't remember anything from classical greek mythology to back this up. I did, however, remember it had this effect in _another_ gaming system.

So, is the above 'true' to classical greek mythology, or just to the gloranthan styx, or both?

In Dantes Paradiso, the Styx was used to wash away the memories of sins to enable entry into heaven in a purified state.

>> There's a guy in Pavis with a jarful of Styx water, he says. Caveat
emptor. <<

Care for a drink of mineral water, Red Emperor, sir? :)

Brian
Fantome_at_eworld.com <SPACE RESERVED FOR RENT>