Re: Glowing Gold and Electricity

From: TimTorres_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 23:13:29 -0400

No, I don't think glowing gold has anything to do with electricity. I was using Sandy Peterson's statement about gold glowing when "properly treated" (direct quote) to stir the pot on the discussion of natural laws in Glorantha. Does anyone want to suggest that electricity did not exist in
"legendary" times on Earth? Why shouldn't it exist in Glorantha? I hope
there's more logical consistency to Glorantha than having to fall back on
"the book" as the only answer. And I hope there's a better answer than
"Glorantha is NOT Earth." I do think that any material (not just metal) when
"properly enchanted" will glow in Glorantha. Why not luminescence? Perhaps
gold is uniquely easier to so enchant because of it's natural (Gloranthan) properties. Perhaps those properties are not "physical," but spiritual.  Must we all be so literal?