Magical Metals

From: TimTorres_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 23:14:05 -0400

Sandy,
I sent my previous reply before reading your comments in V2 #148. But I hope you see that I really agree with you. (Maybe not on electricity). The key is that I said, "when properly enchanted." You're right, gold is easier and other metals need more magical "oomph." (Is that a Pelorian or Sartarite word? {G}). In some cases, it might be nearly impossible, requiring more magical oomph than even mere mythic heroes can aspire to. Personally. I prefer silver, but I've always felt a strong kinship to the moon, and I'm sure the Mostali know more about it than I do. The technological uses of precious metals in our world make a pretty good ANALOGY for this mere mortal to use in explaining why dwarves love precious metals. Regards, Tim